Homeschooling: Scheduling and Organizing
Today’s topic is homeschooling. We will explore issues such as:
- Homeschooling Benefits
- Is Homeschooling Legal?
- Public Schooling vs Homeschooling – You Provide the Structure
- Homeschooling a Preschooler – Is it Good to Start Early?
- Homeschooling Curriculum Preschool: Ideas
- Homeschooling Field Trips: Ideas
- Homeschool Support Groups (By State Listing)
Note that in Number 5 above, “homeschooling curriculum Preschool“, the listed link will cover science, literature, history, music, math and art. Quite informative.
First of all, you must be aware of your state’s laws. Check this out first, even before making an outline or a simple plan. You need to know what homeschooling records you must keep, and also whether you need to do a homeschooling portfolio which records the child’s educational progress. For info on homeschooling record keeping, go visit About.com This is a comprehensive site which provides tips on free printable forms, recordkeeping systems, scheduling forms, and portfolios.
*Note: Homeschool solutions software will make the job much easier.
Certain states will stipulate that a homeschooling teacher or parent should meet minimum qualifications to educate his/her child.
You need to find out. Here is an excellent resource on state home school subject requirements (eHow.com Step by Step). This will lead you through the exact steps, and give you the website you need to visit. *Public Schools vs Homeschooling: The Debate –>Go HERE
For a book on homeschooling, there are good ideas in “The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas: 500+ Fun Ideas for Kids Age 3 to 12”
Okay, next you need to put some thought into the amount of time (per day) you will spend educating. Fifty minutes is considered by many to be equivalent to one educational hour, and 7 hours a day should normally be spent homeschooling – though with a preschooler, you will have to amend that due to their attention span.
Producing a well-adjusted, well rounded human being is no easy feat. It can be very rewarding, however; and you are taking the first step now, in homeschooling your preschooler. There are many homeschool support groups, which is important — since well-meaning friends will give their opinions, and confuse you or provoke doubts.
You will want to keep your youngsters attention throughout the day, so break the day up. A neat resource I found, which uses the internet, is “click schooling” – 1 Fun, Free, Web-Based Curriculum Idea Each Day is provided to you. *This will help with ideas, & will provide some fun!
As to basics, such as length of school year – visit Here
Your State’s Requirements: Investigate HERE
- Free Homeschooling Resources: Bright Kids at Home & Budget Homeschooling
- Activated Storytelling: At Your Local Library –> Investigate Field Trips Here
- CLICK SCHOOLING: Daily Curriculum and Content
- Authority Site on Homeschooling: AtoZ Homeschool
- 6 Steps to Smarter Studying
Disclosure: Please know that the author of this website can make a commission from yr purchases
Helpful Resources From Healthy Kids Blog
- Home School Ideas: Window to the World?
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Out & On The Go – week 01
- Healthy Eating Guide for College Students – week 31
- Peer Conflict: What are Considerations?
- Factors that Contribute to Autism
- Reading Activity For Kindergarten
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go – week 01
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Out & On The Go – week 40
- Type 2 Diabetes – Control Glucose!
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go and on Vacation – week 01
- College Packing List – week 31
- Read Widely And Become Better At Homeschooling
- Healthy Eating Guide For Families – week 01
- Homeschooling Becoming A Viable Alternative?
- Healthy Eating Guide For Parents on The Go – Week 31
- Searching For Huggies Coupons
- Healthy Eating Guide For Families – week 52
- Quick Tips for Getting Started in Home Schooling
- Healthy Eating Guide For Parents and Their Kids – week 40
- Healthy Eating Guide For Kids and Teenagers – week 52
- Kids Fun: Halloween Crafts for Toddlers
- Enrolling In Online Home Schooling The Easiest Way
- A Few Tips For New Mothers
- Healthy Eating Guide For Loved Ones – week 07
- Home Schooling: The Advantages And Disadvantages
- Putting Reading First
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go and At Home – week 52
- Ringworm Infections – Treating And Eliminating Ringworm
- What Exactly The Gripe Water For Newborns Is And Just How It Really Works?
- Healthy Habits: 7 Habits of Happy Kids
- Homeschooling Faq: 6 Kinds Of Recordkeeping
- Make A Unique Outfit With Sexy Activewear For Women
- Natural Cures For Insomnia – Eliminating Insomnia Along With Other Sleep Problems Naturally
- Yeast Infection Treatment – Remedy Which Can Be Really Useful To Cure Yeast Infection
- How To Buy The Right Bed
- Healthy Eating Guide For Parents and Their Kids – week 52
- Pros and Cons of Online Schooling
- Are You Ready To Homeschool Your Child Yet?
- Protected: The Benefits Of Home Schooling
- Baby In Sequence – Tips For Women With Child Babies
- Healthy Eating Guide for College Students – week 52
- Metabolic Cooking
- Home Schooling Programs Explained
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Healthy During Pregnancy
- Healthy Eating Guide for College Students – week 52
- Home Remedies For Bacterial Vaginosis
- Home Schooling Program: What You Need To Know
- Special Ideas for Vacation: Try this Trick..
- Healthful Eating Benefits – Benefits of Kids Eating Healthy
- How Parents Can Become Excellent Home School Teachers
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go and on Vacation – week 52
- How To Ease Back Pain – 3 Simple Lower Back Pain Natural Home Remedies That Work Like No Bodies Business!
- Protected: Home Schooling: Creative Ways of Developing Reading Skills In Your Child
- Getting Rid Of Tonsil Stones – How To Start Removing Tonsil Stones Today
- Home Schooling the Preschool Children
- Healthy Eating Guide For Students – week 51
- Drug Education And Prevention Strategies
- How To Spot The Signs And Symptoms Of Anxiety Inside Your Child And Enable Them To Be Anxiety Free
- Healthy Eating Guide For Families – week 51
- Healthy Eating Guide For Kids and Teenagers – week 39
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!