Homeschooling: Scheduling and Organizing
Today’s topic is homeschooling. We will explore issues such as:
- Homeschooling Benefits
- Is Homeschooling Legal?
- Public Schooling vs Homeschooling – You Provide the Structure
- Homeschooling a Preschooler – Is it Good to Start Early?
- Homeschooling Curriculum Preschool: Ideas
- Homeschooling Field Trips: Ideas
- Homeschool Support Groups (By State Listing)
Note that in Number 5 above, “homeschooling curriculum Preschool“, the listed link will cover science, literature, history, music, math and art. Quite informative.
First of all, you must be aware of your state’s laws. Check this out first, even before making an outline or a simple plan. You need to know what homeschooling records you must keep, and also whether you need to do a homeschooling portfolio which records the child’s educational progress. For info on homeschooling record keeping, go visit About.com This is a comprehensive site which provides tips on free printable forms, recordkeeping systems, scheduling forms, and portfolios.
*Note: Homeschool solutions software will make the job much easier.
Certain states will stipulate that a homeschooling teacher or parent should meet minimum qualifications to educate his/her child.
You need to find out. Here is an excellent resource on state home school subject requirements (eHow.com Step by Step). This will lead you through the exact steps, and give you the website you need to visit. *Public Schools vs Homeschooling: The Debate –>Go HERE
For a book on homeschooling, there are good ideas in “The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas: 500+ Fun Ideas for Kids Age 3 to 12”
Okay, next you need to put some thought into the amount of time (per day) you will spend educating. Fifty minutes is considered by many to be equivalent to one educational hour, and 7 hours a day should normally be spent homeschooling – though with a preschooler, you will have to amend that due to their attention span.
Producing a well-adjusted, well rounded human being is no easy feat. It can be very rewarding, however; and you are taking the first step now, in homeschooling your preschooler. There are many homeschool support groups, which is important — since well-meaning friends will give their opinions, and confuse you or provoke doubts.
You will want to keep your youngsters attention throughout the day, so break the day up. A neat resource I found, which uses the internet, is “click schooling” – 1 Fun, Free, Web-Based Curriculum Idea Each Day is provided to you. *This will help with ideas, & will provide some fun!
As to basics, such as length of school year – visit Here
Your State’s Requirements: Investigate HERE
- Free Homeschooling Resources: Bright Kids at Home & Budget Homeschooling
- Activated Storytelling: At Your Local Library –> Investigate Field Trips Here
- CLICK SCHOOLING: Daily Curriculum and Content
- Authority Site on Homeschooling: AtoZ Homeschool
- 6 Steps to Smarter Studying
Disclosure: Please know that the author of this website can make a commission from yr purchases
Helpful Resources From Healthy Kids Blog
- Tips on Effective Home Schooling
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go – week 32
- Healthy Eating Guide for College Students – week 03
- Homeschooling – Can You Really Do This?
- Tip For Getting Rid Of Tonsil Stones – What Are Your Treatment Options
- Home Schooling Through High School
- Kids Vitamins: Fun Fruit Ideas and Purer Vitamins Add Up to What?
- Healthy Eating Guide For Parents on The Go – week 03
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatments – Is There a Cure To Help Women Who Suffer?
- Thinking Outside the Books – Homeschool Math Lab Days
- Healthy Eating Guide For Modern Parents – week 41
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Out & On The Go – week 03
- Home School Choices: Are You a Parent Who Wants To Have a Positive Impact?
- Healthy Eating Guide For Students – week 39
- Aspergers Treatment: Do You Know What to Do or What Guidelines To Follow?
- Home Schooling Supplies: What To Use
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go and on Vacation – week 03
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go and At Home – week 32
- Healthy Eating Guide For Families – week 41
- Healthy Eating Guide For Teenagers and Children – week 03
- Healthy Eating Guide For Teenagers and Children – week 03
- Hone In: A Closer Look At Martial Arts Belts
- Successful Way To Homeschool Your Children
- Home Schooling Can Lead To Outstanding Careers
- Healthy Eating Guide For Loved Ones – week 03
- Drug Rehab: Recovery Can Be Hampered By Depression
- Have A Glimpse At The Effectiveness Of Cordyceps Sinensis
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go and on Vacation – week 23
- Healthy Eating Guide for College Students – week 41
- Healthy Eating Guide For Parents on The Go – week 02
- A New League Of Internet Predator Preys on Unsuspecting Young Teens – Pro Ana Websites
- Home Schooling Subjects: What To Teach Your Children
- Protected: Booster Shots…. News For Homeschooling Parents
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Out & On The Go – week 02
- Tae Kwon Do: Want to Kick High? Like to Compete?
- Starting Your Homeschool
- Healthy Eating Guide For Kids and Teenagers – week 02
- Help! I Want To Get Ex-Wife Back, Desperately & Be The Better Man!
- Healthy Eating Guide For Students – week 40
- Healthy Eating Guide For Loved Ones – week 31
- Healthy Eating Guide For Loved Ones – week 02
- Spectrum Workbooks Have Helped Kids Learn for a Decade
- Effect of Divorce: How Does Divorce Affect Children?
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go – week 40
- Healthy Eating Guide For Modern Parents – week 02
- Is Potty Training Pissing You Off? How to House Train an Adult Dog
- The Social Aspects Of Homeschooling
- Home Schooling Parents: Get Accredited & Design Your Homeschooling Curriculum with Feedback From Your Child
- Healthy Eating Guide For Families – week 02
- Healthy Eating Guide For Parents and Their Kids – week 31
- Homeschooling – Shape Your Child’s Future
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go and on Vacation – week 02
- Healthy Eating Guide For Loved Ones – week 01
- Seventeen Reasons To Homeschool Your Kids
- Parenting Tips: Children and Divorce
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go and on Vacation – week 01
- How To Schedule Your Homeschooling Day, And Have Time To Spare
- Yoga for Kids: An Overview
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go – week 01
- Healthy Eating Guide: Eating Tips For Eating on The Go and At Home – week 40
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!